Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Matcha Series: The Green Banana (2-in-1 Recipe)

A few weeks ago I was contacted by Kiss Me Organics to try their wonderful organic matcha powder. For those of you who don't know, matcha is simply green tea leaves that are ground down to a fine powder. Instead of steeping and straining the tea leaves, you mix it with water or other liquids and drink it. This gives you much more nutritional value and antioxidant benefits than the steeping method.



Because there are SO many ways to use matcha, I wanted to share multiple recipes to use it in. For the first recipe in this series, I give you a very simple and easy smoothie recipe which can also be tweaked into an ice-cream recipe.



The Green Banana (single serving)

Ingredients:

*Smoothie version:
1 - 1½ frozen banana
½ cup non-dairy milk (I chose vanilla almond milk)
1 tsp matcha powder from Kiss Me Organics
3-4 ice cubes
Optional: sweetner of your choice (maple syrup, agave, stevia, etc.)

Yes, that's the VeganCuts glass straw! :)


*Soft-serve ice cream version:
3 - 4 frozen bananas
¼ cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp matcha powder from Kiss Me Organics
Optional: sweetner of your choice (maple syrup, agave, stevia, etc.)



Directions:
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!

Note: I use this Euro-Pro Ninja Master Prep Blender

See the rest of The Matcha Series recipes here!

I want to hear from you! How do you use matcha? Let me know in the comments below or reach me on Twitter and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment